Just recently I have interviewed two people who are a mine of information about publishing and self-publishing. I know that’s a topic of huge interest, so I wanted to highlight some of their good advice. They agree that the most important factors are are a quality book, targeting your audience, and the ability to market and promote your work. Continue reading
When I started blogging six months ago, I had no idea how I was going to illustrate my posts. The only thing I knew was that I wanted to do so. It’s a personal choice, but I am more likely to read a blog with an appealing illustration than one without. Since then I’ve learned […]
For the past few months I’ve been following the progress of Andrea Wren, a freelance journalist for The Guardian, as she started her own blog with expert help. There was none of the “5 ways to instantly get rich quick through internet marketing!” hysteria.
Writers, how many different ways can you publish your work — books or articles, fiction or non-fiction? If you immediately think of print, think again.
Since I began this blog in August 2011 things have been moving fast. That’s why I haven’t posted for a while. I started getting interested in content curation and it became all-consuming. Once you try it, you’ll see why!
- RT @ForbesTech: Facebook is far from a global leader in social messaging apps onforb.es/189ASsp http://t.co/kiY5QDRSLD 1 week ago
- From one of the true storytelling experts: lnkd.in/dZMxqUw 1 week ago
- Dear @sbb. Last 4 journeys #lausanne to #zurich, 3 late. C'mon guys. #sbb 1 week ago
- What it takes to be a marketer in 2014. lnkd.in/dYUuSVg 1 week ago
- RT @xavierstuder: Swisscom fait la promo de ses cours technologiques…. wp.me/p1FkT9-3bZ 1 week ago