Just recently I have interviewed two people who are a mine of information about publishing and self-publishing. I know that’s a topic of huge interest, so I wanted to highlight some of their good advice. They agree that the most important factors are are a quality book, targeting your audience, and the ability to market and promote your work. Continue reading
When I started blogging six months ago, I had no idea how I was going to illustrate my posts. The only thing I knew was that I wanted to do so. It’s a personal choice, but I am more likely to read a blog with an appealing illustration than one without. Since then I’ve learned […]
For the past few months I’ve been following the progress of Andrea Wren, a freelance journalist for The Guardian, as she started her own blog with expert help. There was none of the “5 ways to instantly get rich quick through internet marketing!” hysteria.
Writers, how many different ways can you publish your work — books or articles, fiction or non-fiction? If you immediately think of print, think again.
Since I began this blog in August 2011 things have been moving fast. That’s why I haven’t posted for a while. I started getting interested in content curation and it became all-consuming. Once you try it, you’ll see why!
- RT @rodmoose: Viral Dove Campaign Becomes Most Watched Ad Ever on.mash.to/13Bqiax via @mashable 1 day ago
- Social Media Marketing with Google Plus | good guide from @mike_allton ow.ly/lbooC 1 day ago
- Why Face to Face Networking Skills are Still Essential in a Social Media World lnkd.in/25RTdp 2 days ago
- What is a brand? Seth Godin, Malcolm Gladwell, Dan Pink, and Other Mavens on How and Why We Define Ourselves Through Stuff | thx to... 2 days ago
- The enduring secrets of good copywriting from David Ogilvy - thx @content_money sco.lt/5bJNKr #content #mktg 3 days ago